Description + Attributes:
An irregular pyramid when young. Becoming picturesque and open with wide spreading branches exposing its beautiful orange bark. Needles are in clusters of two, twisted and bluish-green. Scotch Pine has a medium growth rate in full sun and most any soil. Often grown as a Christmas tree, its true character comes out with age. It can be used as either a windbreak or a single standalone tree.
- Adapts to nearly all climates
- Can be used as either a windbreak or a standalone specimen
- Is widely used as a Christmas tree because of its excellent form and ability to hold its needles.
- When mature with open branches, it displays an appealing orange bark.
- Produces oval, dry brown cones that are 1-3” in length.
- Grows in an oval, pyramidal shape with branches spreading outwards as it reaches maturity.
Height 30'-60'’ & Width 30-40'’
Provides nesting for birds such as owls and is a great food source for small animals and deer.
Loamy, moist, sandy, well-drained and dry soils.
Some Drought Tolerant
SKU: 1QT - SCOTCH PINE