Description + Attributes:
Fastest growing of the spruces. Develops strong graceful branches that are covered with dark green needles. Ideal windbreaks.
- Is the fastest growing of the spruces.
- Is easy to transplant.
- Can be planted on a wide variety of sites.
- Works well for windbreaks.
- Features dark green needles that re roughly ½-1” in length and feel square when rolled between your fingers.
- Yields light brown, stiffly scaled, 4-6” cones that sit upright on the branch until fertilized. Then gradually turn downward.
- Grows in a pyramidal shape.
- Can begin to look a little unkept in its old age.
Height 30’-60’ & Width 15’-25’
Medium - Fast - 13” - 24" /year
Nesting, Winter Cover, & Food Source for Birds, Small Animals & Deer
Full Sun/Partial Shade
Acidic, Loamy, Moist, sandy, well-drained and clay soils
Somce Drought Tolerance
SKU: 1QT - NORWAY SPRUCE